If there is anything you should know about me - I am passionate about psychology and my work as a therapist. I love knowing how the mind works, how our emotions respond and what we are able to do with the strength of our mind. I am, admittedly, a bit of a science nerd.
Beyond the science of this, there is an art to it as well. That comes in the form of a therapeutic relationship. I want you to come in feeling comfortable knowing, I too, have been down some very difficult roads. I don't ask my clients to explore something that I wouldn't - because in my mind - it would lack integrity and authenticity. Trust is a huge part of the art form.
Above and beyond education and personality, I've got a lot of life tucked under my belt. I have been through some amazingly difficult times. I know how it feels to be there, how it feels to work through something - and even better - what it feels like to move beyond an issue. All of this motivates me to continue my endless research of this field and to help motivate, support and guide others. In the end, therapy is really a tool to help organize your thoughts and emotions - so life won't catch you off guard.
Therapy is cool because it's science.
- 2007 - MA - Counseling Psychology - Marriage & Family Therapy with a specialty in Addiction Lewis & Clark College, Portland, Oregon
- 1992 - BA - Communication - University of Colorado at Boulder
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Oregon
- Private Practice 10 years
Previous Theraputic Experience & Trainings
- Patient Advocate at Planned Parenthood, Beaverton, OR
- Volunteer at the Dougy Center for Grieving Children, Portland, OR
- Professionals in Residency at Hazelden Springbrook Campus, Newberg, OR
- Triage Counselor at Providence Health & Systems Portland, OR
- Certified Gambling Counselor at Lifeworks NW, Portland, OR
- Counselor at Lovejoy Surgicenter, Portland, OR
- Counselor at Catholic Community Center, Salem, OR